Fortinet Security Certificate Installation
Download the Fortinet Security Certificate
This certificate is installed so that your Internet traffic can be securely transmitted. Before you install the certificate, you will need to download it to your computer. If you are using a Windows or Mac computer, save the file to your Desktop so that you'll be able to locate it later. Please refer to the installation instructions below, depending on your OS platform.
Below are the Instructions for manually installing the Certificate to various Operating System platforms and Web Browsers.
Windows OS, using Internet Explorer web browser
- Download the Fortinet Certificate and save to your location choice (desktop, flash drive, etc).
- Open Internet Explorer.
- From Internet Explorer, go to the Tools menu, select Internet Options, and then in the window that appears switch to the Content tab and click the "Certificates" button.
- To install the certificate go to the Trusted Root Certification Authorities tab and click the "Import..." button.
- In the Certificate Import Wizard window that appears click the "Next” button.
- To select the file, press the "Browse..." button.
- Find the saved certificate file (desktop, flash drive, etc.) and click the "Open" button..."Next", "Finish".
Google Chrome Web Browser Users: The Chrome web browser pulls its certificate configuration from Internet Explorer, therefore no further action is required. Once the Certificate is installed successfully to Internet Explorer, Google Chrome should also work with the certificate.
Mac OS X (MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, Mac mini, etc.)
You will need to perform these tasks through the Safari mobile web browser.
- Download Fortinet Certificate.
- Double-Click file and depending on your version of OS X, the "Keychain" window will open, where you will install the Fortinet Certificate.
- "Add Certificates" window, select "System",
- under "Keychain"....click "Add".
- Enter your password.
- Click “Modify Keychain”.
- If prompted, select "Always Trust This Certificate".
If not prompted,
- Open Finder
- Select Applications
- Open Keychain Access
- On left pane - select System
- Open FortiGate CA
- On When using this certificate choose Always Trust
- Close Window
- Enter your password